Subject: RE: Some more diagrams for the model..

Sazi,

Re your simple protocol diagram.  What happens to service2 ? Or is part of
the diagram missing (for me, at least).

Is it possible for the work of (on) the two services to get different
results (confirm one, cancel the other) ?  The original BEA proposal
inferred this was (I think - remembering, not checking in my haste) , but
referred to this as withdrawing.

Are your actors (especially the sub-coordinator) representations of the
static capability to handle the cohesion protocol or the instance involved
in a particular one. You have two registrations of sub-coordinator to
coordinator, but only one terminate reply - is this reply then structured to
say which of the registrations are cancelled, which confirmed ? Or would
there be a separate withdraw instruction for a cancelled registration ?  The
former (at least) would make the coordinator : sub-coordinator protocol
similar to the cohesion outcome protocol that Alastair's last message talked
about, rather than the atom-level protocol in our main document. The neat
thing about the atom level protocol is that you can use it to do the
cohesion things, but the service/participant/sub-coordinator side need know
nothing about it (more precisely, does not need to implement anything
special to be involved in all sorts of different cohesion structures).

Peter Furniss
Choreology Ltd

email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com
phone:  +44 20 7670 1679