Subject: Re: Security reqs v.02

Bill, nice job on the documents. I'm still mulling over a few things, but
the only comment I have at present is that we can't over emphasise the
trust/non-repudiation nature of the world we're putting BTP in: there's this
implicit, unwritten trust model that exists in transactions that has affects
throughout, e.g., if I as a coordinator tell someone to rollback and they
say they have, I assume it's true. Likewise, I as a participant trust the
coordinator and (assuming I'm a well behaved participant) do as I'm told.
Spoofing transactions is possible in a closely-coupled environment, and it's
even more possible/likely in the loosely coupled environment of web
services. I have a document describing the various loopholes that are
possible in traditional transactions, and it may be possible to use some of
that if we think it's relevant.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs