Subject: RE: Security reqs v.02

Mark,
Thanks for the comments.  I'll update the documents and resend.
Good catch on duration, my face is red to have missed it.  The
temporal aspects of security is one of my areas of interest.

Would you expand on your SSO point?
What I think what you are saying is that in most cases it is not the
user identity that we are concerned about but the organizational
identity.  The organization will take resposibility for authenticating
the user and determining whether that user is authorized to use the
transactional application.  Then the application identity will be used
within the	BTP system where ever identity, entitlement, or capability
information is needed.

That seems to be a very reasonable model.  Thinking purely from a
security view point I would extend it to capture the identity of the
initiating user in the audit logs.   If there are scenarios that must
capture that identity in the logs of other actors in the BTP system
than the identity has to be in the message set.  Otherwise it's only
a local issue.

Regards,
=bill