Subject: RE: ebXML in W3C? and OASIS Business Transaction group

ebXML's BPSS is basically a more precise declarative statement of the overall BP needs (a business operations view - BOV) to the runtime technical architecture (the functional service view - FSV). BP BOV needs specifically include business transactions as well as collaboration needs.

BP's needs derive from the actual busine$$ requirements, which get modeled in TMWG's N090/UMM, and then are rendered to a specific instance of a BPSS.
The ebXML's technical architecture FSV (TRP, RegRep, ...) has a rich set of technical service alternatives which need to come together is a very specific 'service' to support the specific BP needs; 'to make the business deal work'.

As the CEFACT side of the house is currently looking at their own past work programs, to embrace the business operations view of ebXML (Business Process and Core Components) in their new work programs, it might be the case that OASIS has the same opportunity in this case of BTP and ebXML on the
OASIS side of the house.

I believe BTP was begun before OASIS signed the Memo of Understanding with CEFACT, to jointly continue ebXML development; so there might be a timing issue causing the question of overlaping objectives.

'Conflict' might be a strong term, and I've heard how to form a TC but I'm not familar with the OASIS TC on-going workings, so perhaps someone at the OASIS management level would get involved here align the TC work on the OASIS side of the house ?

-Dave
ps. I was under the personal impression that CEFACT and W3C were, or had, discussions to form a Memo of Understanding; from some statements made at the last ebXML Vienna meetings.