Subject: Re: Marketing and publicity

Hi Ed,

Mark Little chairs that JSR's expert group, if I understand correctly. And he is
involved in the proposal for a new JSR, so I believe that potential intersection
has been considered.

I think the OMG extensions for OTS (Activity Service) spec has a certain overlap
with BTP in one potential use, but is at a lower level (no assumed transaction
model or coordination protocol), and could be used perhaps more profitably for
application-level protocols for specific trading interactions (in my personal
view), rather than for general purpose commitment a la BTP.

Alastair

Edward Cobb wrote:

>          There is currently a Java JSR for an activity service (JSR 95)
> which IBM is leading. No visible output yet but it is based on a similar
> OMG specification for extended transactions. You should look at both before
> deciding to submit something new.
>
> At 07:31 AM 10/9/2001 +0100, Alastair Green wrote:
> >Hi Krishna,
> >
> >I'm glad you agree. A JSR is what we had in mind. I've talked to a few
> >other TC
> >members about this, and I think there's a fair amount of interest in a
> >JaXTA. I'd
> >very much welcome your involvement in proposing this -- we should be able
> >to benefit
> >from the SAML experience.
> >
> >If anyone else is interested in such an initiative why don't they send me
> >a mail,
> >and we can take it from there.
> >
> >Yours,
> >
> >Alastair
> >
> >Krishna Sankar wrote:
> >
> > > Alastair,
> > >
> > >         You are right. A cohesive, consistent, easy to use and standard
> > Java API
> > > would accelerate the prelevant use of the BTP APIs.
> > >
> > >         For Java APIs one should go thru the JCP (Java Community
> > Process). One
> > > should initiate a JSR as per http://www.jcp.org/jsr/overview/index.jsp.  I
> > > just initiated one for the OASIS SAML. If you want, we can work on one for
> > > BTP as well. Pl let me know.
> > >
> > >         cheers

begin:vcard
n:Green;Alastair
tel;cell:+44 795 841 2107
tel;fax:+44 207 670 1785
tel;work:+44 207 670 1780
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.choreology.com
org:Choreology Ltd
version:2.1
email;internet:alastair.green@choreology.com
title:Managing Director
adr;quoted-printable:;;13 Austin Friars=0D=0A;London;;EC2N 2JX;
fn:Alastair Green
end:vcard