Subject: [business-transaction] BTP c'ttee membership

Since it's come up, and it's during the day for me and the Californians are still at breakfast, I though it might be helpful to give some input on current membership. I believe the following to be correct:

The membership of the committee on 17 June, according to the website  was:

Roddy Herries, Choreology
Gordon Hamilton, AppliedTheory
Mark Hale, Interwowen
Hatem El-Sebaaly, IPNet
James Tauber, Bowstreet
Alastair Green, Choreology
Peter Furniss, Choreology
Alex Berson, Entrust
Fred Carter, Sun Microsystems
Sanjay Dalal, BEA
Pal Takacsi-Nagy, BEA
Ed Felt, BEA
Bill Pope, Bowstreet
Alex Ceponkus Bowstreet
Sazi Temel, BEA
Mark Potts, Talking Blocks
Mark Little, HP
Savas Parastatidis, HP
Jim Webber, HP

Since then, Ed Felt was killed, Fred Carter and Savas Parastatidis left their companies and did not join OASIS by other means, and Roddy Herries has resigned from the committee (and is currently doing as well as hoped, under some serious treatment).  No-one has been expelled, since that involves the warning process.

Steve White of SeeBeyond was accepted as a member on the conference call on 16 August

Pyounguk Cho of Iona was accepted as a member on the conference call on 23 August.

Alex Ceponkus and Bill Pope have left Bowstreet but retain their TC membership since they are individual members of OASIS.

That gives us:

Gordon Hamilton, AppliedTheory
Mark Hale, Interwowen
Hatem El-Sebaaly, IPNet
James Tauber, Bowstreet
Alastair Green, Choreology
Peter Furniss, Choreology
Alex Berson, Entrust
Sanjay Dalal, BEA
Pal Takacsi-Nagy, BEA
Bill Pope, Bowstreet
Alex Ceponkus Bowstreet
Sazi Temel, BEA
Mark Potts, Talking Blocks
Mark Little, HP
Jim Webber, HP
Steve White, SeeBeyond
Pyounguk Cho, Iona

which is 17, giving a quorum of 9.

On checking the rules, I was surprised to find the strict requirement to join is to send an email to the chair, and then you become a member after the third meeting (counting from a week after the email), whether or not the "prospective member" attended (as an observer).

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd
email:  peter.furniss@choreology.com