Subject: Re: [business-transaction] HPs position on BEAs proposal and theChoreology response

> I would like to suggest that we stop accusing each other's companies as
part
> of our discussions in the OASIS mailing list. I would also like to suggest
> that we keep this mailing list to technical discussions. I think that the
> BEA's proposal tried to stick to this principle.

As did the prior proposal, which was essentially to keep the good technical
material that we have all worked for over the last 6 months.

> Along these lines I would like to re-iterate that according to my belief
the
> current specification is too complex for wide adoption.

"too complex" is extremely objective, but then so too would be my statement
of "no it isn't". All we can do is try to address both camps with an
appropriate primer.

>  I would like to
> point out SOAP as a positive example of simplicity. The SOAP 1.1
> specification is only about 50 pages long. The current BTP spec draft is
> over 100.

Let's not get into page size comparisons - that's not technical at all!

I reiterate: we need to decide on a deadline for submission and stick to it.
If there are issues that come up, we should certainly discuss them (not for
an extended period of time of course) and then vote and move on. If we don't
take this approach then we will never be finished this specification.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark@arjuna.com | mark_little@hp.com