Subject: [business-transaction] BTP membership update

I've had some private messages on membership, as well as the ones people will have seen.  The following reflects my understanding
of things, and would require Karl or Bill's imprimatur.

Joiners:

The rules for joining a running OASIS TC are:
	send a request to the chair
	after 7 days, you become a prospective member
	you become a full member immediately after the third meeting while you are a prospective member

(there's also a time qualification, but given our frequency of meetings, that doesn't matter)

Accordingly, on those rules, I believe our recent and prospective recruits are, assuming we have quorate meetings every Thursday:

Mike Abbott - request on 03-Oct,   full member at end of meeting on 26-Oct
Geoff Brown - request on 12-Oct,   full member at end of meeting on 08-Nov
Doug Wanting - request on 22-Oct,   full member at end of meeting on 15-Nov
Bill Cox - request on 29-Oct,   full member at end of meeting on 22-Nov
Tony Fletcher - request on 31-Oct,   full member at end of meeting on 22-Nov

I hadn't known that Mike Abbott had sent his request in so early - this means he was actually a voting member last week. Apologies to him.

Pal told the 26 October meeting that Geoff Brown was a member - I'm not sure what discretion is possible on this. Karl may be able to help us.

I don't actually know when Doug Wanting applied to join - 22 Oct is an informed guess.

Leavers:

Hatem El-Sebaaly has missed all meetings since August. Warning messages were sent to him (but at least mine bounced), and I see he is unsubscribed from this mailing list.  I assume he is no longer a member of the committee

Warnings due

Fred Carter missed the last two phone meetings and is due a warning from the Chair.

If any one would like to take on keeping track of this stuff, I expect to have enough to do with the spec itself. It's formally Bill's responsibility, but Mike Abbott has offered to do such things.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Technical Director, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com