Subject: Re: [business-transaction] the issue of issues and the forthcoming ftf

> Choreology suggest the following approach:
>
> we identify sets of issues which will voted on in successive waves. A
> proposed solution will be posted at least a week beforehand (and so
flagged
> in the issues list).

OK, but it would probably be a good idea if the proposer of the solution is
also the one who raised the issue (or at least they should have the first
refusal, c.f. OTS RTF).

> Obviously there can be comments on the proposed
> solution, and if it gets messy the issue either goes round again or drops
> back to open status and considered further (including discussion at the
> ftf )
>
> and we propose:
>
> for vote Thursday 29th Nov - the minor editorials (already flagged, merged
> text available as 0.9.0.1)
>
> for vote Thursday 6th December -
>   I was hoping to list a dozen or so "simple" issues now, but I'm only now
> getting into the minor technicals part of the list, so need a little more
> time. List to be proposed by end of Friday.

I haven't had a chance to download the 0.9.0.1 spec., so this may be moot,
but: can we make sure that the document has revision bars turned on, so we
can clearly see the changes?

> And then a further set to be proposed prior to the 6th Dec meeting and
voted
> at the beginning of the face-to-face.
>
> On the first two sets, there's a good chance there will be no comment -
> good. Don't feel you need to comment - spare your effort for furthering
the
> other ones, so they can be closed out in group 3.
>
> Of course, anyone can propose a solution - but that means text (unless it
> says there is no need to change the spec document), not just "re-write the
> glossary".

Agreed, as above. Maybe you need to say something like: "here are the issue
numbers we'll look at, and can be have resolutions"?

> we aren't quite clear what the f-t-f agenda is to be. Some elements that
we
> see as likely/necessary are:
>
> some shortish walkthrough
> vote on third block of issues
> open issues - likely to include rpc messaging ; conformance (there seem to
> be few or no other complex *technical* issues identiifed yet, though there
> may be some between now and 30th November - there can be none after)
>
> timetable for completion
> continuation charter

Seems fine.

What are the teleconference options for the face-to-face? I probably won't
be able to attend personally, but would be able to dial-in.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little (mark@arjuna.com)
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Phone +44 191 2064538