Subject: [business-transaction] FW: [chairs] draft OASIS ConformanceRequirements document

-----Original Message-----
From: Lynne Rosenthal [mailto:lynne.rosenthal@nist.gov]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 1:51 PM
To: chairs@lists.oasis-open.org

The OASIS Conformance TC has published a new working draft of its Conformance Requirements for Specifications document. The Conformance Requirements provides guidance on how to specify conformance in specifications. We believe that a consistent and comprehensive approach to conformance throughout all OASIS specifications will lead to better specifications and higher quality implementations. Because of its nature, this document will impact all TCs that develop specifications. Thus, we would like your help in reviewing this document and providing us with comments, suggestions and examples.

The document includes general requirements and definitions concerning conformance and related issues. Wherever possible, examples are given. It would be great to have examples from your TC. The goal is to help those writing specifications, by providing guidance and examples. Our objective is to provide assistance not an additional burden.

Please feel free to circulate the attached document or the pdf version at
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ioc/documents/conformance_requirements_v04.pdf
(or link to it from http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/ioc/#documents)
 to members of your TC. We would like to have comments by February 12, in order to incorporate them into the next version of our document.

Thank you
Lynne Rosenthal
co-chair OASIS Conformance TC

Lynne S. Rosenthal