Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Email votes - 7 Issues - Ends Tues April 9= RESULT

Strictly on the procedure side of the question.  There had been a
solution proposed for the issue for a week so I issued the call for
vote.  In retrospect, that didn't take into account the fact that
the originator of the issue, yourself, was on vacation for at least
part of that time.

=bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Little [mailto:mark_little@hp.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 4:07 AM
To: zpope@pobox.com; OASIS BTP (Main List)
Subject: Re: [business-transaction] Email votes - 7 Issues - Ends Tues
April 9 = RESULT

> The results for the issue resolution votes are included below.
>
> 4 61 87 100 107 108 109
> for 13 13 3 11 11 7 9
> against 0 0 6 0 1 4 0
> abstain 0 0 4 2 1 2 4
>

> - Proposed resolution of Issue 87: "Conformance" was rejected.
> - Proposed resolution of Issue 108: "Participant and service
identification"
>   passed with a narrow margin, see note below.
> - All others passed cleanly.
>
> There has been on-going discussion on Issue 108 on the bt-spec mailing
list.
> The TC has voted this resolution and it must be included in the next
draft.
> However there may be a need to re-address this if there is a bug and the
> resolution does provide the fix intended.  The discussion has been
primarily
> between Mark Little and Peter Furniss.  I'll get a statement from them on
> why they still see an issue.

Bill, just as a matter of procedure it seems strange to vote on an issue for
which there is outstanding work, i.e., there isn't (or wasn't) a clear
choice for people to make since Peter and I were still passing this back and
forth. Even now we haven't finished as far as I'm concerned.

Mark.

Dr. Mark Little, Distinguished Engineer,
Transactions Architect, HP Arjuna Labs
Email: mark_little@hp.com
Phone: +44 191 2606216
Fax  : +44 191 2606250