Subject: [business-transaction] Issue 89

Apologies to the participants but it is worth making visible to
a wider audience this point from email on the bt-spec list.
Paraphrasing from the ongoing conversation on Issue 89 ...

    We (the TC) need to spend more time discussing this before
    voting on it.

    Which re-raises the issue that there is no guarantee we will
    have made enough progress on this before the (self-imposed)
    1.0 deadline.  In that case how do we proceed?  Vote on what
    may be insufficient knowledge, delay the spec, or postpone
    the vote?

I'm posing the question at this point so people can think about
it.  We are not, quite, at the point where that decision must
be made but it's coming soon.

William Z Pope
zpope@pobox.com