Subject: RE: [business-transaction] Towards a single standards platform forbusiness transaction management and application coordination

Alastair,

	I have a proposition. (Sorry for the duplicate msg to BT-Spec!)

	Would it be much easier if we take six months and publish spec
in every Web Services area (orchestration, transaction, security,...)
per organization or combinations of organizations ? E.g.. IBM/MS/BEA,
IBM/HP, HP/IONA/BEA, .... After everybody has tried all combinations of
politics and exhaustively published all combinations of web services
specs ( a rough calculation - about 8 companies, at least 3 companies
organize to develop one spec - i.e. a minimum three companies can stand
each other long enough to produce a version of a spec), 4 areas, yields
8C3 X 4 = ((8 * 7 * 6) * 4)/(1*2*3)) = 56 * 4 = 224 documents), we can
then submit all of them to any organization which can then create 5
cohesive and coherent specs out of them.

	BTW, we also will need a registry to dole out specification
names, already we are into names like BPEL4WS, which is a good number
for an auto plate but not a good name for a specification !

	Any takers ?

Cheers and have a nice weekend