Subject: Re: [business-transaction] Issue maint-9 - proposed solution

Peter,

On 07-Jan-04 02:05, Furniss, Peter wrote:

> 3. On the question of duplication of an identifer in different items,
> that you mentioned in the meeting, I was thinking of adding:
>
> If an inferior-identifier occurs in the "inferior-identifier-list" of
> more than one "Targetted-qualifiers-item", the qualifiers for all such
> "Targetted-qualifiers-item" shall be included in the
> PREPARE/CONFIRM/CANCEL message.
Sensible.  Is it worth adding the note that this merging at the
receiving end (versus canonicalisation by the sender) is supported for
bandwidth and readability reasons?

> 4. Duplicates within the same list (of any of the various kinds of list)
> - I don't think we'ed ever thought of this. It's obviously silly (i.e. a
> programming error), though such a strange one that I can't imagine
> anyone except a tester doing it !  In this case, I really would prefer
> to leave it undefined at spec level, and not force every occurrence to
> be checked. Perhaps a general statement that the behaviour is undefined
> and implementations are free to ignore the duplicate or throw a General
> fault.
>
> That's really a separate issue - do you want to raise it as such ?
I believe your proposal would work and think it worth discussing this
minor problem as a formal issue.  Please consider the issue raised.

> Peter
thanx,
	doug