Subject: RE: [business-transaction] btp issue ex-8 - proposed resolution

I agree with Peter's assesment of issue ex-8.  If there are no objections I'll
put his proposed resolution for vote on Kavi at the end of this week.  Please
respond to this list if you have objections or points for discussion.

=bill

-----Original Message-----
From: Furniss, Peter [mailto:Peter.Furniss@choreology.com]
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 10:43 PM
To: business-transaction@lists.oasis-open.org

ex-8 is the one about a btp-aware service declaring its btp-awareness by some means

I had a look at the OASIS specifications for "policy" that were mentioned on the call when we discussed this - thanks to Doug and Martin for the pointers. I think it might be possible to create a statement/assign a uri that could be used in XACML WSPL and also in WS-Policy (or its open successors). It might  be possible to use this in the features and properties with compositor that WS-Reliability uses.

However, although it might be possible to do this, I don't think BTP's edition 1.1 is the place to try this. The area is clearly in flux, and I wouldn't like to try to define a "universal" statement, usable in any of these, without some hand-holding from experts in the particular policy declaration mechanisms. This is our last open issue on BTP 1.1, and it could easily take a long time and a lot of going round the loop to sort this out. We could perhaps treat it as an independent item, as part of the continuing maintenance activity.

Accordingly, I propose that we close ex-8 without change to the document.

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com <http://www.choreology.com/>