Subject: New btp draft

Title: Message
I have just uploaded (and you will just have received notification) a new draft of the BTP spec incorporating all of the issues. I've also updated the issues list to include the issue resolutions that were discussed and voted in June and July. All issues are now green.

I haven't yet applied the effect of ex-10 (adding *-received values to SUPERIOR_STATE, INFERIOR_STATE) to the state tables - the only effect of this will be to define when the messages can be sent and received, and I want to run the tester to make sure I've got the received values right.

We decided in maint-7 that we would split the xml schemas as separate files. I've updated and uploaded the btp core schema, but haven't done the qualifiers schema yet. (it's possible I've duplicated and messed up what Alex did earlier - need to check)

ex-7 (wsdl friendly binding0 implies that there is or could be WSDL for the new binding as part of the document, but I don't think we ever actually said if we would include it, and if so whether in the body or as an appendix. Alex may be able to provide something on this front (drafts of the control relationship at least are on the server) for Tuesday.

I'm off on holiday (Algarve, Portugal) for the next week and may or may not be able to be on the call.

Since the only unapplied changes are the state table and the wsdl, I suggest that this version is taken as the draft for internal review. I won't be able to apply any changes next week anyway, so a 2 week review would seem appropriate. Then a short digestion period and we should have a document ready for CD/public review (forgotten what the current procedures are)

Due to some quirk of Word, possibly caused either by the multiple "authors" for the changes (changes are marked as done by the relevant issue, rather than me) or the use of the document map, the document is 3.6 Mb and is liable to hog your machines cpu.  I will force it to behave normally as part of the edit after review (which will certainly lose all the change marking)

Peter

Peter Furniss
Chief Scientist, Choreology Ltd
web: http://www.choreology.com