cacao-comment message

Subject: Re: (CACAO) for Cyber Security TC - Feedback

Once again thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I have added these to the comment resolution log and we will be discussing these and how to adopt them in our December 7th meeting. If you have any additional feedback or suggestions, please submit them for that time. This public review period will close on the 24th of November, however, there will be at least one more public review period before this specification finally ships.

As always, thank you for taking time to review. If it is within scope and reason, we would encourage you to join our technical committee to help flesh out further enhancements. If that is not an immediate option, please feel free to continue sending comments and suggestions to our public comment list. cacao-comment@list.oasis-open.org

Thanks
Bret

On Nov 4, 2021, at 1:30 PM, Vaman Amarjeet Gokuldas Kini <vkini@worldbankgroup.org> wrote:

Thank you and that makes perfect sense. Thatâs an excellent approach.

I was referring to the process side like the https://www.betaalvereniging.nl/wp-content/uploads/FI-ISAC-use-case-framework-verkorte-versie.pdf  MAGMA for SIEM use cases .  Last year, we operationalized  our use case framework for SIEM based on MGMA are starting work on the one for SOAR. The first step is identify the use cases ð .

Once again Thank you so much for the insights and pls do let me know, if I can be of any further help.

Best
Vaman Kini

From: aa tt <atcyber1000@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 4, 2021 2:38 PM
To: Vaman Amarjeet Gokuldas Kini <vkini@worldbankgroup.org>
Cc: vasileim@ifi.uio.no; jordan.oasisopen@gmail.com

Automation Use Case Management was part of the thinking that would be included in the workflow steps.

Thatâs why we felt that having variables that capture the case number (when a playbook is called for a particular case) and having the ability to connect the workflow to an active case was important. Which is why we built into the flow various aspects of passing state between different systems to track the automation aspects.

So the structure is there. But what was the thinking is that the targets for a specific case management tool would be via the http/web based target defined in the system. I could imagine adding more targets in the future for specific case management tools directly but we felt the generic HTTP/Web API would suffice in the short term.

But as you can see in v1.1 of the spec weâve been adding other tools like kestrel, sigmaâetc. and if you have suggestions on how to extend for a specific case management tool then we can add.

Allan