cacao message

Subject: The call for participation in the CACAO TC is out

Hello all,

The call for participation in the CACAO TC has gone out. Thank you for submitting this charter to OASIS. We here are honored to support your work and I'm looking forward to helping you get the work started.

At your earliest convenience, please make sure to go to the CACAO web page at https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cacao/ and click on 'join group' under Roster to formally join the TC. For those of you from member organizations, your OASIS primary rep will then need to approve your joining.

Also, please note that while the mailing list is now active, you should use it only for introductions, logistics leading up to the first meeting, or other informal messaging. Contributions and other real work should not happen until the TC formally starts at the first meeting.

Here are the key next steps that will happen leading up to the first meeting.

- On or about August 22nd, I will send the OASIS membership a reminder that the deadline to join with voting rights is approaching. This invariably adds a few more people to the roster.

- The day after that, I will send the email list a call for nominations for chair. This will give any of you who are interested in chairing the TC (a TC can have 1 or 2 chairs) the opportunity to introduce yourselves in advance of the first meeting. We will also issue a call for nominations from the floor at the first meeting.

- The deadline for joining in time to have voting rights at the first meeting is August 28th. The day after that, I will send a list of those eligible to gain voting rights to the mailing list.

- September 3rd is the date of the first meeting. The first order of business after the roll call will be the election of the chair.

We can talk more in the coming days to go over questions you have. This is just to give you the basic next steps timeline for now.

Again, thank you very much for bringing CACAO to OASIS. I look forward to working with you all on the launch.

Best regards,Â
--

/chetÂ

Mobile: +1 201-341-1393Â