cacao message

Subject: Re: [cacao-chair] Re: [EXT] [cacao] Playbooks

Frans - We will discuss in the next meeting and we will present a proposal on the various aspects for discussion with the group.

regards

Allan Thomson
CTO (+1-408-331-6646)
LookingGlass Cyber Solutions <http://www.lookingglasscyber.com/>

ïOn 9/29/19, 11:36 PM, "Frans Schippers" <cacao-chair@lists.oasis-open.org on behalf of f.h.schippers@hva.nl> wrote:

    Bret

    Seeing you examples, we must define what we think âAutomated" means is de context of CACAO.
    These examples are high level and need context to able to operate on.
    For example: "Call level one network supportâ make only sense if the call also gives information about
    what happend, ip-addresses (and roles) involved, what type of threat etc.

    I really would like to be able to specify (in the end)  actionable operations.
    For example âblock src-ip x.x.x.x to server y.y.y.y for ports a,a in router câ
    Which then can be implemented using the right instruction for a specific router.
    This also means that to apply this rule context information about the local network is needed
    To determine the right router for this action and the router-type tp determine the right command.

    What do we see as the scope of CACAO?
    How much of the translation from the shared playbook to the actual action can be automated,
    how much information must be added by the user to make the playbook actionable.
    An escalation procedure can be different for each CACAO user.
    Do we adres such issues?

    Could we talk about this next meeting (tomorrow)?

    Frans