cacao message

Subject: Invitation to the first OpenC2 Plug Fest

Dear CACAO Technical Committee,

You may be aware of the fact that the Open Command and Control Technical Committee (OpenC2 TC) released its initial suite of specifications in July of this year. We are making efforts to promulgate the specifications, working on additional profiles and future versions.

I took the liberty of attaching a slide that I routinely use in OpenC2 briefings. We strive to maintain separation of concerns within the OpenC2 TC and as indicated in the attached slide, a specification such as OpenC2 is necessary, but insufficient for achieving responsive cyber defense. Â

USCYBERCOM has graciously offered to host a two day Plug Fest for OpenC2 on the week of January 27, 2020. The OpenC2 Plug Fest event will not be restricted to our TC or to OASIS members.Â

The OpenC2 TC invites CACOA TC members to participate in the pending Plug Fest. OpenC2 provides the language for individual commands and responses, but we do not address entire courses of action. Insight from the CACAO TC members would be valuable to us. Please consider this request.

Thank you,

Joe Brule