cacao message

Subject: Re: [cacao] Preventative Action

HeyÂBret

I read those in the doc and was the source of my question. I read that definition of Preventative Action and asked myself what is the difference between prevention and mitigation. Harking back to my CISSP days, we typically used risk managementÂterms of: accept, mitigate or remediate.

So I attempted to find the uniquenessÂofÂPreventative by making a quick matrix which used the examples in the docs. I was hoping it would help to better defineÂPreventative.

I just want to be more clear withÂPreventative Action and see if we can provide some clarification. I think an example would be helpful. If we say that Mitigative and Remediative essentially happen after we learn of a potential attack method. AndÂPreventative is more like a hygiene/best practice/configuration change/pro active steps? Is that inline with what youÂare thinking?