cacao message

Subject: Re: [cacao] Outstanding Ballots

From what I hear from Chet and others at OASIS, most TCs throughout OASIS history have counted all meetings towards voting rights. It is really only the CTI and OpenC2 that do monthly.  And openc2 did it that way because CTI did it. We have long thought about changing CTI back to the OASIS way and have all working calls count towards voting rights.

Bret

Sent from my Commodore 64

PGP Fingerprint: 63B4 FC53 680A 6B7D 1447  F2C0 74F8 ACAE 7415 0050

On Apr 3, 2020, at 7:10 AM, MARONEY, PATRICK <rx118r@att.com> wrote:

ïRe: "- I believe this was primarily because folks didn't vote as there were no *no* votes. Just lack of yes votes."

Suggestion:

Adoption of a more traditional OASIS TC process with monthly TC meetings that count towards voting rights (vs. having working meetings count towards same) might greatly extend voting rights to interested stakeholders.

The current cadence/process make it impossible to achieve voting rights for some of us.  In my case I have a standing weekly meeting that will always conflict with the current consensus Tuesday CACAO calls

A monthly TC call that determines voting rights (with evening sessions for those that have conflicts/time zone issues) could potentially double the roster of voting eligible members.  I of course understand the difficulties of chairing Day/Evening sessions.  But a change to more traditional TC meetings/voting rights MAY improve participation.

Row Labels    Count of Id
Chair            2
Member        27
OASIS Staff Contact    2
Observer        20
Secretary        3
Voting Member        20
Grand Total        74

Give it a try perhaps for a month or so?

Patrick Maroney
Principal âCybersecurity
AT&T Chief Security Office