cacao message

Subject: Notes from today's meeting

All,

A few things from today's meeting.

1. Jane from OASIS was on the call and we talked about the CACAO webinar. The current plan is to have two webinars. The first will take place probably at the end of February or first week of March and will be an introduction to CACAO. The second will probably be a panel discussion about how CACAO is being used. If you are interested in participating in either of these, please let me know.Â

2. During the meeting which was quarate, there was a motion by Jane and a second by Patrick to move the Layout Extension work forward and approve it as a Committee Specification Draft (CSD01) and open a 30-day public review. We did a call for unanimous consent and the motion passed with no objections. The following voting members were on the call. Bret, Allan, Jane, Vasileios, Mateusz, and Patrick. The document has been updated to Kavi [1].

3. It is with much sadness that we learned today that Allan will be stepping down as Co-Chair of CACAO. Allan has been part of this work since the very beginning, back when it was just a concept on the whiteboard during a meeting we had at Cisco's HQ. I personally want to thank Allan for all of his work and effort over these many years. This work, especially in the early days, would not have gotten off the ground without Allan's help and insight into howÂto tackle and solve this problem. Thank you Allan for all you have done for CACAO and this community.Â

Bret

[1] -Âhttps://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cacao/document.php?document_id=71625