cam-dev message

Subject: RE: Progress on the XSD to CAM template generator toolkit

Tracy,

Good Q's.  We do have the cam-dev list - so I'm cc:ing that here.

The sign-up for that is here:- http://www.oasis-open.org/mlmanage/

I've also done a general release of the toolkit today to the wiki:

 http://wiki.oasis-open.org/cam/XSD_and_CAM

For you Q's - extending the base templates.  First alot of these conditional requirements can be handled in XPath using the conditional and context tools in CAM.

So crossfield validations such as comparableHomeDistanceInRange() , appraiserLicenseActive() are probably relatively simple XPath assertions - if(this and that) checks.

For more complex decisions (especially requiring computations - like totalApplicantSalaries() - then you have a couple of choices.

We do provide the <Extensions> section for this purpose.  So using that you can either call your own Java routines, or use a general purpose rules engine such as JRules, and pass that the output from the CAM processor for onward validation checks.

Another thing you could do more simply is to call an xslt routine that could perform additional post-validation checks and transformations.  The CAM engine is all setup to do that with two xslt branches - one for successful validation, and the other for error found.

Hope that is helpful.

Thanks, DW