cam-dev message

Subject: RE: [cam-dev] Conformance or Test =?UTF-8?Q?Suite=3F?=

Jeff,

Good to hear of your interest in developing a CAM validator.

Attached is a ZIP of some older test cases we used in the early jCAM/CAMV 1.0 development. Unfortunately there's not much documentation on those - but should give ideas.

There are also good test examples as part of the XML-Dev article that Michael Sorens developed.
 http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/41066

Also these days we tend to use "live" templates generated by the CAMeditor toolkit from industry developed xsd schema to test various scenarios.

Obviously having a formal test suite would be a major plus however.

What language are you looking at developing in?

We have the xslt version of a CAM validator about 65% complete - and would be excellent to perhaps get that finished?  I'm assuming also that you are looking at an open source effort here too?

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [cam-dev] Conformance or Test Suite?
From: Jeffrey Ferguson <jeffrey.ferguson@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, September 05, 2009 9:25 am
To: cam-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello,

I may be developing a CAM validator in the near future and was wondering if there are any conformance suites available with CAM documents and sample input and expected results that I can run against my code to ensure its proper operation?

If there is no conformance suite available, are there any CAM example files that I can download and use in my own testing? At first glance, I have not found a lot of CAM examples out there.

Thank you,
Jeff Ferguson

TestCAMvalidation.zip