cam-dev message

Subject: RE: [cam-dev] constraint management

Hi David,

I’ll look into that version.   I’m on a previous one.  However I’d still like to see an identifier so I can sort them into groupings that makes sense to me not just by xpath.  In the meantime I’ll create an xslt to sort it and add in an ID illegally.

From: David RR Webber (XML) [mailto:david@drrw.info]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2012 9:28 PM
To: Paul Kiel; cam-dev@lists.oasis-open.org

Paul,

Which version of CAM editor are you running?  The latest 2.2.1 sorts the constraint rules by XPath when you save the template - so it groups them together for an element (see View / View Source).  This also makes using a visual diff tool like KDiff3 much better - as you can see precisely what was changed.

The order in the overall rules panel window at the bottom is tied to the Java JDOM objects sequence - so that is why that appears to randomly sequence things there.  I've put in a change request to also sort that view by XPath too.

However - if you search for an element or attribute (using the Structure Search icon) - then the upper ItemRules tab contains just the rules for that item.

Hope that helps.

David