cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] RDF for CAM?

Serm,

Excellent thoughts.  Yes - the RDF would need to be customized
to provide inheritance into "the semantics".

I think this mechanism would be quite different from datatyping
or UID lookups which provide that data binding type "stuff",
so the fact that RDF is limited may not be an inhibitor.

The RDF has potential to have a CAM template do more
for agent directed stuff.  So the RDF semantics would be
purposed to tell an agent "about" the content in some
abstract way.  This would be lightweight and simple
so the RDF should work quite nicely for this.

Particularly on the discovery side - if an agent has
choices of two or three similar CAM templates - which
one does it pick?  It can look at the context variables
to see what values the CAM context reacts too - but if it
can also "see" the RDF about content - it may make
choices based around that too...

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by "Boonserm (Serm) Kulvatunyou"

David,

Sounds like an interesting topic here. My opinion is RDF has quite limited
expressiveness to express semantics. We may want to consider OWL. However,
OWL needs special parser to validate as it interpret things (such as xml
schema) a bit differentlly. My immediate thought is since all of this
semantic annotation language use the notion of "resource" which by
defintion
should be able to point to any peice of information in the web space (as
the
whole file or specific element), one should be able to provide semantics
for
each CAM element by referencing.

-serm<