cam message

Subject: RE: [cam] Variable Names

Title: Message
Further investigation shows the following would be possible but different if we used native xpath to resolve these conditions:

    equal  would be come => $variable = 'testValue'
    NOTequal(value,'value') => not(value1,'value')
    greaterthan(v,v) => value > value
    lessthan(v,v) => value < value or value &lt; value
    greaterthanEQ => value >= value
    lessthanEQ => value <= value or value &lt;= value
    begins => starts-with(value,value)
    ends => ends-with(value,value)
    contains => as stated

    We would also get for free string-length(), count() etc...  plus we get someone else to do the exception management.

    I personally am all for not reinventing things.  The problem would be lookup() and member() but looking at the code it should be possible to extend the function sets supported by Jaxen.  There is a minor bug in jaxen and this is that the id() function does not seem to work.  Minor problem.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact
e-mail: martin.me.roberts@bt.com