cam message

Subject: re: [cam] Refering to other items than Elements and Attributes

Martin,

Some good points again.   I made a start on this with the EDI example,
and that is one approach - where you use an XML intermediary
representation to bridge - but more examples are definately
needed.   I'll recruit help from everyone when I get to that
part of the revision 0.14 process as its always hard to think up
specifics when you are just in editor  mode!

We definately need to cover off CDATA.   I used MS Access 2002
to dump a table into XML format last week as part of the UPU work.

I was aghast to find they used CDATA for everything - then I
realized they are getting around using old 8 bit charsets - as
the UPU data is Venezulean so includes lots of extended
chars usage.  They even output CDATA[[  ]] for empty fields
as IE6.0 does not handle    in XML, (but does in HTML!
bizarrily!!).

I ended up hand editing the XML to remove all the CDATA!

Anyway - we can expect more and similar.  Also of course
we will need to use CDATA[[ ]]  ourselves for the mailmerge
approach to outputting.

Thanks, DW.
Message text written by INTERNET:martin.me.roberts@bt.com
>It might be useful to show in the xamples how one would refer to
processing instructions from rules and also how things like comments and
CDATA should be handled.

I am assuming that Processing Instructions can be refered to using the
appropriate XPATH and therefore can be checked.

Martin
<