cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] Outputs

Message text written by Monica Martin

mm1: Correction ......c/latter/former
That doesn't include presentation, correct which is being addressed in
another venue.
<<<

Monica,

Presentation is typically a stylesheet - XSLT domain.

However - we are kinda between two stools - since you
need to do some rendering to enable the presentation.

Another area where this appears is in the registry storage
definitions.  Say I use the UID to lookup a noun definition
in the registry - that XML returned to me could contain
presentation details (say HTML) that a downstream
presentation formatter could then use.

Obviously writing XSLT code is a more complex task,
and I think that's a distinguishing mark - that CAM provides
simple lightweight mechanisms - that people can then
take advantage of as they need to.

Another example is PDF.  That's a complex presentation
stream and someone would need to augment what
CAM provides in order to be able to present the final
content in PDF format.

People can however use CAM to impart presentation
cues into a template as needed.

This stuff already comes under the Level 3 details
within the specification as advanced techniques.

Thanks, DW.