cam message

Subject: UPU external content rendering (attached)

Team,

A while back we started into looking at the requirements to be able to handle
the UPU international mailing address rendering using CAM.

Attached is a strawman document outlining rendering capabilities that would
cover the need on the output side.  Essentially you need to be able to render
to a format given by context rules - where the format itself can be specified.

The technique is based on the tried and tested "mailmerge" approach.

It's very much a strawman - so please feel free to experiment and suggest
alternatives / improvements.

There's also some decisions relating to exactly how much functionality we want
to enable here.  Specifically the limited ability to merge information from
more than one source stream would cover off some simple capability that the
BPEL team have looked for.

Thanks, DW.

http://drrw.net