cam message

Subject: RE: [cam] Choices

Another attempt.  I just walked through my previous suggestion and it
fails.

I need to go away and write down the use cases we are trying to sort out
and then address them all.  I am convinced that the current doc does not
work for the use cases I have in mind.

Use Case:

	1) Make everything under this node a choice - only on allowed
		Already covered: setChoice="//element" -
			I would prefer to have it set to every element
in XPATH becomes part of choice group
	2) Add a set of nodes to a choice group - not all children to be
included
		Would work if we made change suggested above is
setChoice(//element/*) to get all children
	3) The ability to select a choice element by a friendly name/ID
to help with programming
		I think needs the ability to define choice grouping and
ID seperately.
		i.e. setID and SetChoice -- selection by useChoiceByID
	4) The ability to select a choice of sequences of elements -
i.e. more than one node in each item in the choice
		This one flaws me at present.
	5) combination of 3 and 4
		This one flaws me at present.

The useCase 4 and 5 that really give us problems and I believe our
document needs to change.

Martin Roberts
xml designer,
BT Exact