cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] WS-I and Schema profiles

David RR Webber wrote:

>Monica,
>
>Reference the OASIS News item below.
>
>I'm not sure who "Glover" is - but I'm
>guessing - probably chair of co-chair of WS-I?
>
>Could you bring to the WS-I teams
>attention that OASIS already have the
>CAM specification and open source jCAM
>implementation that is perfectly suited to
>creating Schema profiles with.
>
>There's also a tutorial available on how you
>can augment schema definitions in this way
>with several examples in the ZIP file
>that is downloadable from the OASIS CAM TC
>website.

David,

By schema profile they mean defining subset of XML Schema spec and
specific contraints on use of XML Schema in order to improve
interoperability. I do not think that CAM is suited for that task. No
technology solution is. What is needed a a profile spec that describes
the constraints on and subset of XML Schema.

--
Regards,
Farrukh