cam message

Subject: Aignment of OASIS ASAP and jCAM

Keith,

Thank you for doing the demonstration walkthru for the BPSS team today
of ASAP.

My feedback is as follows.

#1 - I did not realize that ASAP has a formal data alignment step to it
- therefore I'd
        like to propose the recommendation of OASIS CAM XML templates
and the
        open source jCAM  component as a means to formalize those exchanges.
        This would significantly enhance the 'plug and play' aspects of
ASAP - since
         if a jCAM template exists that matches your exchange profile -
it can be
         immediately deployed to handle both the information mapping, and
         business rule / syntax checking. This would occur during the
normal
         connect sequence of ASAP and can be assoicated via the WSDL.

         You can download a tutorial on CAM and the jCAM  from the
          OASIS CAM website frontpage links.

#2 -  from the BPSS perspective - BPSS V2 already has support for the
         ASAP process flow model - via the BTA mechanism - the endsWhen
         conditional and a single document definition - in fact ASAP could
          very much be viewed as BPSS-lite in this regard.  Therefore we
         can easily model ASAP processes in BPSS - with the added
         advantage of being able to extend those processes as needed.

         To explore this - I'd recommend looking at the BPSS models
         at my development site:  http://drrw.net/visualscripts/#ebxml

#3 -  Again the ASAP agreement profile - URL + document - looks
         like ebXML CPA-lite - so the potential exists to use CPA to
         decribe ASAP configurations.  This would provide much more
          robust authentication and business agreement formalization -
          where needed - particularly for process steps have legalIntent.

           This is something we have also recently refined in the BPSS V2
            work.

In summary - looks like jCAM templates are a great fit for formalizing
ASAP document exchange handling as XML scripts - while BPSS V2
and CPA provide the roadmap for covering off the 20% side that falls
outside the 80% sweetspot that ASAP is aiming at.

Look forward to working on these aspects in due course.

Thanks, DW.