cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] XML 2004

Martin,

Other TCs are using F2F for a different purpose - such as brainstorming
over next
version features sets and resolving tough issues that prove hard to build
concensus on remotely; and getting editors together to work on
specification details.

I am hoping to have a F2F opportunity with other TCs - like we did last
year at
XML 2003 - to do a look-n-learn - so other TCs can understand better how to
take advantage of CAM with their own work, and we can learn what other TCs
could be looking for that could guide our specification development..

The BCM TC is coordinating something at the moment - and we should find out
next week from Dee Schur what is available.   I'm hoping the Wednesday
morning
can work.  The idea is to get together with folks from Registry, BPSS,
BCM, EPR,
IHC and such to swap ideas.

As to our CAM specifications themselves - after a prolonged delay due to
project
mostly demands and work proirities on other TCs - I'm finally hoping to
have time in the next few weeks to put out a revised CAM specification that
includes all the comments and suggestions from the public review period
+ some
enhancements and refinements that have come from the jCAM implementation
side.

Once we have that available - we can review it and vote on it on-line -
that way
the maximum # of people can be involved compared to a F2F.

If needed we can schedule telephone conference calls to work on anything
that
people are still unclear on at that point.

Hope that is enough clarification.

Thanks, DW