cam message

Subject: Re: [cam] Groups - CAM AND REGISTRY ACCESS.doc uploaded

Martin,

This I believe is truely ground breaking stuff you have enabled here.

Basically what this all enables is storing rules in a registry about your
vocabulary and dictionary items - and then being able to have jCAM
automatically retrieve those and apply them to your XML transaction
with only minimal coding in the actual CAM template itself.

The way we had it before - you had to manually associate everything
thru the content reference section.  This new approach IMHO is way
easier and much more powerful.   It also accommodates those people
who wish to use XSD fragments to augment their CAM predicate rules.

I also like how easy it is to generate these fact sets from an existing
dictionary database - just by dumping out XML from the SQL and
applying some production rules to get the CAM predicate syntax.
I suspect UBL, OAGi and others will be able to quickly generate
default rules sets using this approach.

As we get more and more of this working in jCAM - the more we
are able to validate the CAM approach.

I look forward to seeing how this matures and getting everyones
feedback on how well this plays out for them.

Thanks, DW