cam message

Subject: Germany and OASIS and X-Meld - addresses and XML

Peter,

The OASIS news this weeks contained reference to your article:

 http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/52708

and from there on the X-Meld reference I found

 http://egovernment.xml.org/standards/standardsDE050104.shtml

I would like to draw your attention to the work OASIS is doing on CIQ,
UBL and
addresses.  And then for better interoperability with XML - I would suggest
that using jCAM (which is open source and developed in Europe) - to create
noun definitions in Registry and share XML templates for standard
exchange formats.
And if addresses are involved - the work of the UPU is definately a
reference point
there - and OASIS CIQ is collaborating in that regard.

All of this can be found from the main OASIS website -
http://www.oasis-open.org

I noted your quote as saying: -
Mr. Broß would like the German public authorities to engage in a more
forceful dialogue
with the international standards-setting bodies, so as to open up an
international market
for solutions that have been developed in Germany, such as, for
instance, the
address-representation program X-Meld. (/Robert W. Smith/) / (jk
<mailto:jk@ct.heise.de>/c't)

Do you have a good online reference to what X-Meld is trying to do with
addresses?
I would like to compare that to what we are working on with the CIQ, CAM
and UPU
technologies, and also the UBL approach to addressing.

I hoping that the eGov TC can provide a good conduit for discussions
with the
German government on what further standardization focus is needed here?

Thanks, DW