cam message

Subject: Completing CAM V1, thinking about CAM V2 - Joost?

Just an update for everyone on progress on V1 completion.

I have received feedback from Mary and Jamie at OASIS on
the overall specification and some edits to make sure we
are covering off the requirements for the OASIS process OK.

Also Martin has provided me with comments on two sections
that require some fixing to make sure they are in synch with
the latest jCAM details.

I'm planning to put out a best-and-final copy for our review
during this week.  We'll then be ready to move forward to
vote on that and proceed to an official OASIS vote from there.

So as we complete the work here on V1.0 - I uncovered some
interesting work going on around us - from the W3C XML-dev
list - called Joost, and the STX specification from streaming
transformation:

http://stx.sourceforge.net/documents/spec-stx-20040701.html

and

http://joost.sourceforge.net/

At this point I have no idea if this can be married into our
templates approach - but it certainly looks like something
we can explore in 2005.  And then overall we can look at
what makes sense for a V2 - I know many people have
already asked for more extended use of schema syntax
in structure definitions, and so we need to decide what
aspects will be enough to provide good functional returns
without adding too much implementation complexity.

Anyway - just providing the status check here and
looking forward to working with everyone on better
and smarter CAM technologies in 2005!

Thanks, DW