cam message

Subject: RE: BCM+CAM+EPR are SOA's missing link to succeed

Hans,

There's some classic quotes in the French there - made me smile - just wonderful.

I'm sensing the moment to publish a white paper on "Why the XML revolution is yet to happen".

Unfortunately while the use of XML formats themselves is widespread the philosophy and paradigm shift that should be happening around them is not.  It is just business-as-usual with entrenched positions resisting the improvements in information systems adoptability and extensiblity and consequent revolution in user functionality and expectations to hold on to their status-quo in software engineer tools and practice.

Quite frankly their position is not sustainable and sometime in the next two years the flood gates are going to open once some key technology pieces are mature enough to sustain the coming paradigm shift to XML-driven development.

Right now all we have is a thin XML veneer on top of existing entrenched practices built-up over the prior 20 years or so.

DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: BCM+CAM+EPR are SOA's missing link to succeed
From: "ITI Hans Aanesen" <hans@iti.as>
Date: Sun, November 13, 2005 4:40 am
To: "EPR-forum Board" <board@eprforum.org>
Cc: <bcm@lists.oasis-open.org>, <cam@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi

There was an article in the Norwegian Computerworld about today's SOA failure so forth. The missing link is standardized steering and connection mechanisms that need to be defined.

Paolo Malinverno in Gartner predicts this to happen in the coming 4 years. I found a French article that handle the same stuff. My French is not too good, but if any of you can translate this article it would be helpful. HP is heavily involved here so it might fit the WS4Legacy project and HP Innovation Centre Italy

http://www.silicon.fr/getarticle.asp?ID=12115.

Best regards
Hans A. Kielland Aanesen