cam message

Subject: RE: Drools and CAM

Mark,
    What I mean is that the developer would be able to call the rules engine with different nodesets and therefore be able to define which nodes are processed when.  What I was not planning to do was to allow more than one set of rules to be used.  This means that agendas would be good for that.  How would you express an agenda in DROOLS 3?

Martin Roberts

From: Mark Proctor [mailto:mproctor@codehaus.org]
Sent: 03 January 2006 10:46
To: Roberts,MME,Martin,XBX R
Cc: david@drrw.info; TANVEER_ASHIQUE@bah.com; cam@lists.oasis-open.org

Our rule engine is fully recursive any time that facts are modified, as long as the WM is notified, other rules will be matched and activations created. The Agenda will not evaluate and fire the next Rule until the consequence is finished. Read through the fibonacci example to see recursion and conflict resolution.

Not sure what you mean by backdoor?

Yes Modules allow you to partition the Agenda and control which matches rules can fire.

Mark