cam message

Subject: XML data binding and CAM

Team,

Some continuing thoughts here - the new approach taken by Martin with jCAM allows for late binding to an ExternalMapping service.

I've found this resource link - that details many options available - both open source and commercial:

 http://www.rpbourret.com/xml/XMLDataBinding.htm

Essentially we can now support use of any of these through the extension mechanism - so that the <ExternalMapping> section then has the include to the <control-file> for the particular binding service - and you can make that context driven via CAM context mechanisms.

Some examples - Castor, TreeBind, XMLbeans and so on.

This provides you with a comprehensive toolset - using CAM to manage the validation and basic manipulation of content and structure(s) - and then using a data binding service to link to Java or SQL backend.

Over the coming weeks I'm hoping to be able to try a selection of these tools and demonstrate accordingly.

As we refine this - then we can update the specification details for CAM to support the more popular binding tools out there.

Enjoy, DW