cam message

Subject: Formal review of CAM v1.1 revised committee specification

Team,

We appear to be at a point to initiate the next steps in the OASIS process to adopting CAM v1.1 by starting formal review within the TC - we can then go ahead and vote on the v1.1 as a revised Committee Draft - and we will then be ready for revised public review by OASIS as the next step.

Please post your comments to the list here - and we will then produce a revised Committee draft for approval vote prior to going to formal revised OASIS public comment review next.

I will accept comments and revisions for the next week up to Friday - 20th - and then we will publish the new specification on the following Monday.

Revised specification committee draft:
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/20309/OASIS-CAM-Specifications-1_1-RC-008-091506.doc

XSD:

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/20327/CAMv1.1.-RC-008-120906-Candidate.xsd

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/20326/CAM%20XSD%20documentation.zip

Many thanks to Martin Roberts for all his hard work and contributions to getting our v1.1 specification to this point today.

DW

====================== OASIS process summary ===========
The TC may conduct any number of review cycles (i.e. approval to send a Committee Draft to Public Review, collecting comments, making edits to the specification, etc.). The first public review of a specification must take place for a minimum of 60 days, and any subsequent reviews must be held for a minimum of 15 days. Changes made to a specification after a review must be clearly identified in any subsequent review, and the subsequent review shall be limited in scope to changes made in the previous review. Before starting another review cycle the specification must be re-approved as a Committee Draft and then approved to go to public review by the TC.