cam message

Subject: [FWD: RE: [codelist-comment] Re: Codelist usability issues - ease and performance design]

Team,

I just did some interaction with the codelist TC - via their public comment list - and I'm sharing this here.
Seems like at some point we can become consumers for their results - however - we will still need to define our own XML presentation of codelists - to work with CAM - just the design details should align with their work.

This is definately a 2007 work item - not something immediate.  Obviously please feel free to also review their work to date and comment further.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [codelist-comment] Re: Codelist usability issues - ease
and performance design
From: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Date: Wed, November 01, 2006 1:56 pm
To: abcoates@mileywatts.com
Cc: Code List Representation TC <codelist@lists.oasis-open.org>,
Comments to OASIS Code List Representation TC
<codelist-comment@lists.oasis-open.org>

Tony,

OK - that is now much clearer - your explanation makes sense - many thanks for taking the time to review this.

In conclusion then - I would suggest that you make it very clear that the purpose is design and that XML artifacts should not be seen as runtime ready - only design tools - because I suspect many people are going to think that they should use them "as is" in production otherwise.

Thanks, DW