cam message

Subject: RE: [cam] Inquiry about status of spec & charter

Jamie,

Thanks for the helpful hints on OASIS process side here.

Yes - updating the charter is next on the agenda!

I'd been working on getting the v1.1 revisions to committee spec' so we could move to OASIS member comment and review.  Then while that's in progress we'll have time to update the charter - we also need to make sure that's good for the IPR change for April too - we can take care of both items there.

I just found out we've had two members out of the office this past week and one who did not have a current password - so we're going thru the pretty normal operational challenges for our team right now!

The standing rule also looks good - I'd actually not been clear that there was a separate distinction there - so that clarification helps.  We'd been working under the basis of meetings as needed / requested only - since we'd long since found that everyone has too many commitments to find a regular date/time that worked for more than just a handful of our team.

I look forward to working with you to get these items resolved and appropriate votes for the team to action as we move through the process.

Thanks, DW

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [cam] Inquiry about status of spec & charter
From: James Bryce Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Date: Tue, October 31, 2006 10:03 pm
To: cam@lists.oasis-open.org

OASIS CAM TC members:

   I noted the recent uploading of a "release candidate" v1.1 CAM
specification to the TC's repository. [1]  We are pleased to see
this progress on a promising project.  We will be happy to assist if
the committee plans to follow the path described in David Webber's
19 September message.[2]
   In doing so, please advise me of the meeting schedule for the
TC.  We do not have a record of any TC meetings during the last
year.  If all business is to be conducted by asynchronous ballot,
the TC may wish to consider adopting a Standing Rule (as
contemplated by Section 2.4 of the OASIS TC Process)[3] to allocate
voting membership accordingly.  Section 2,15 of those rules permits
and in some cases requires OASIS staff to close a technical
committee that falls below certain activity indicators -- one of
which is no meetings or specification ballots for a six month
period.  So it would be helpful for us to be kept appraised of your
progress.
    When you next act to approve a draft spec, you also should
update your charter [4], which currently sets no deliverables past
the already-approved v1.0 specification.  The current additional
improvements should be added to the list of plans, so that the TC
does not appear to have completed its work, which also would trigger
closure.
    Please feel free to contact me with any questions.  I will work
with your chairperson to frame appropriate resolutions.

Best regards  JBC

~   James Bryce Clark
~   Director, Standards Development, OASIS
~   jamie.clark@oasis-open.org

[1]
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/cam/document.php?document_id=20830
[2]