cam message

Subject: Committee Draft v1.1 revised moved to OASIS member review

Team,

I'm glad to report our latest specification passed with full majority vote.

I've asked OASIS to post the notice for member review now.  Once we have those comments from members, then we can make updates and corrections as necessary for those - and then move next to full OASIS member vote on our specification as an OASIS standard.  I'm expecting that to be possible in January+ 2007 timeframe.

In the meantime we need to complete our Charter update and then move to adopt the new IPR policy for 2007.

So - once again - many thanks for supporting the specification - and validating the work we have put in over the past four years.  We have a few more ballots now to vote for to accomplish all the OASIS procedural stuff in readiness for 2007.

BTW - I've not been mentioning - but Martin has been doing some very interesting work with an Eclipse editor tool for CAM templates - that includes the ability to run CAM directly from the editor.  It's a single standalone tool - very easy to setup.

All you need to try this out is an XML instance sample of your favourite XML transaction - and about 15 minutes of time to download and run the editor in your Windows desktop... http://www.jcam.org.uk - feed it your sample XML - it will build the template and then you can run it.

Enjoy, DW