cam message

Subject: FW: JCAM goes Production

Hi,
  In anticipation of the up and coming release of the CAM 1.1 standard, the JCAM family of products has now gone to 1.0.0 status.

  This marks 3 years and 14 days since the first release of code onto Sourceforge.

  This means that there is a working version of the CAM standard available for people to try out.  The best place to start is by using the CAM Template Editor that will help you create accurate working CAM Templates that you can try out against example XML files.  There is now a full set of documentation available on the JCAM Web Site, http://jcam.org.uk <http://jcam.org.uk/>  with improvements being made regularly.

  The JCAM runtime engine allows you to use the JAXP validation API to integrate JCAM into your existing JAVA applications.  This is alongside a full command line interface and a new feature that allows you to simply put the CAM template name into the XML file that you wish to be validated.  With a simple one line of code you can then validate your XML files.

  1.0.0 definitely marks a milestone in the development both of the JCAM tools and the OASIS CAM standard.  By developing an Open Source implementation of the standard we have been able to verify the standard as being fit for purpose.  Now is your chance to do the same.  Visit the website for details.

  As with all things, I feel that I should mention the cooperation of BT plc in allowing me to dedicate a fair amount of time to these tools over the last three years.  Open Source is not our normal way of doing things and I feel that the faith they placed in this committee will not be misplaced.  I would also like to thank David Webber, for his time and constant energy.

Martin Roberts

BT plc,
Group Research
t: +44 1473 609785