cam message

Subject: [FWD: RE: [uncefact_ucm] Metapattern - a context methodology]

FYI, DW

"The way to be is to do" - Confucius (551-472 B.C.)

-------- Original Message --------
From: "David RR Webber (XML)" <david@drrw.info>
Date: Tue, September 04, 2007 10:12 am
To: uncefact_ucm@yahoogroups.com

øyvind
Interesting theoretical paper.

What I've noted is the approach now of test-based agile development - meshes with these ideas - and creating CAM templates as a means to expose the context patterns in a particular XML based exchange.

So - taking XML samples and setting up a base-line template - then testing that against more samples - and making adjustments to the template rules and context behaviours.  Then sharing that documentation with participants to verify the completeness.

Also - once you have context parameters setup - then I have long stated this provides the best way to search a registry for matching template patterns for re-use - since the context variables you select point you to those templates more rapidly than traversing deeply nested classification ontologies.