cam message

Subject: EDXL-HAVE and SOA / B2B use cases / implementation models

Having looked at your XSD - I'm just not seeing the connection here to modern SOA and B2B best practices.

Frankly - if I were a hospital adminstrator - I'd have a real hard time understanding how I'd adopt this - and build it into emergency dashboarding.

The problem is that this is an "all or nothing" information exchange model - that seems at odds with a service based or B2B collaborative partner model.

In the B2B model - I'd want to send out hourly bulletins on status changes - and hence use lean-and-mean messages with just essentials that new data requires.

In a SOA service model - I'd expect to do a query / response exchange - where I'd send out requests to my group of partners (actually this is a nice B2B / ebXML shared routing example too - rather than point-to-point SOAP webservices).

So what we're missing is that query message.  This could be based off the xsd you have - simply put a message_type on there - and then include the sections you want status on as empty tags - for a simple first cut at this.

You may want to get more sophisticated and include specific service empty tags below that parent.

The responding systems would then "fill-in" those empty tags - as responding information.

Again - you can easily build CAM templates for this interaction model - but you will need to change your schema to make things optional - and then provide the CAM template for the particular interchange context to make clear the exact content model(s).

Thanks, DW