cam message

Subject: Canonical dictionaries for XML exchange development

FYI - I noticed today that wikipedia has this definition:

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canonical#Computer_science

This appears to sit well with the approach we are envisioning for CAM dictionaries and enhancing the CAM specification 1.2+ to include support for this.

The draft blueprint approach presentation I posted previously toward v1.2+ CAM then talks to the mechanics of this.

Both producing the canonical dictionary - either from existing schema - or from enterprise data model - and then using that to generate actual exchange structures.

 http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=36146

Thanks, DW