cam message

Subject: Comment on CAM charter / dictionary work

Team,

Just an FYI - Ram Kumar - made the following comment to me, and is allowing me to share this back with you all.

Have a great weekend everyone - and I plan to do more facilitation next week - as I'm expecting one or two more people to join us then - and we can start moving all this work ahead here together.

Looking forward to everyones input and ideas and feel free to post of course - as we need to finalize the charter as next step.

For refresh on that see:

 http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/cam/201007/msg00006.html

Thanks, DW

Thanks David.

I think this is an important piece of work. If we are able to define generic dictionary specification that can take multiple definitions of common terms from the business including owners of the terms, time and date stamp, etc. one can generate data dictionaries for organisations that can be used by both business and IT. Enterprise data models and enterprise data dictionaries are becoming increasingly important for organisations and once an organisation has them, the value that they bring to the organisation is simply outstanding.

Regards,

Ram